Dr. Mandy Armitage
Dr. Mandy Armitage is a board-certified physician with extensive medical communications and freelance writing experience. She also serves as a consultant for aspiring physician freelance writers. Prior to transitioning to medical writing, Dr. Armitage practiced nonsurgical sports medicine. She earned her MD from Indiana University and also has a BS in Biology from Purdue University.
Her experience includes:
- freelance medical writing – continuing education, promotional work, conference coverage, health news writing, guest blogs
- medical communications agency work – non-promotional and promotional pharmaceutical work
- healthcare technology – content strategy, content development, and patient engagement
- consulting – advisory work with physicians, mentorship, and content review
- speaking engagements – lectures, workshops, and media
Dr. Armitage specializes in medical writing for continuing medical education (CME), trade publications, professional journals, pharmaceutical industry, news outlets, and others. She prides herself on efficiency and accuracy. Her goal is to always provide fair and unbiased writing for clinical audiences. Dr. Armitage also has training in health literacy and experience writing for patient and lay audiences.
Areas of expertise include: musculoskeletal and orthopedic medicine (including imaging), sports medicine (including concussion), wellness and fitness, neuromuscular disease, spinal disorders, traumatic injury and stroke rehabilitation, rheumatology, interventional cardiology, anesthesia, obstetrics, and gynecology. However, given her background and experience, she is happy to tackle any clinically related topic.