Dr. Mandy Armitage
Dr. Mandy Armitage is a board-certified physician with extensive medical communications, health tech start-up, and freelance writing experience. She also serves as a consultant for aspiring physician freelance writers. Prior to transitioning to non-clinical work, Dr. Armitage practiced nonsurgical sports medicine. She earned her MD from Indiana University School of Medicine and also has a BS in Biology from Purdue University.
Her experience includes:
- freelance medical writing – continuing education for clinicians, patient information, conference coverage, medical news, guest blogs
- medical communications agency work – non-promotional and promotional pharmaceutical work
- healthcare technology – content strategy, content development, and patient engagement
- consulting – advisory work with physicians, mentorship, content review, and resume assistance
- speaking engagements – lectures, workshops, and media
Dr. Armitage specializes in medical writing for continuing education for clinicians, trade publications, pharmaceutical industry, news outlets, and others. She prides herself on efficiency and accuracy. Her goal is to always provide fair and unbiased writing for clinical audiences. Dr. Armitage also has training in health literacy and experience writing for patient and lay audiences.
Areas of expertise include: musculoskeletal and orthopedic medicine, sports medicine, wellness and fitness, neuromuscular disease, autoimmune disease, spinal disorders, traumatic injury and stroke rehabilitation, rheumatology, neurology, dermatology, anesthesia, obstetrics, and gynecology. However, given her background and experience, she is happy to tackle any clinical topic.